Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley




An oldie but goodie. I had never read this classic until recently because I wanted to read first hand the story I grew up hearing. Frankenstein is nothing like I thought it would be. I didn't even know who Frankenstein was! I don't want to give away too much, but this is about the psychologic effects that the creation of a "monster" had on it's maker. Let me know what you thought about it...

A internet review said: As conceived and written by Shelley, Frankenstein was more of a gothic melodrama than a horror story. Considered in its most basic terms, the tale is one of actions and their consequences, and of what happens when man, in his hubris, attempts to usurp the role of God. (http://www.reelviews.net/movies/m/mary_shellys.html)

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to read this book. I thik this may be my next recreational read.

    ReplyDelete